Writer, Editor, Publication Consultant 2010-Present
- Sample of Recent Freelance Work: 2016 - 2018:
- Wrote a contracted media tie-in novel and graphic novel.
- Edited a published book for a Professor at UC Berkeley.
- Wrote an interactive game script for a published augmented reality game for Six To Start.
- Managed on-site staff and created communications and branding plan for a game publishing company during a difficult transition period.
- Completed a two-year Technical Writing Certificate program through UC Berkeley Extension.
- Wrote, edited and published articles, books and websites in a variety of fields.
- Clients include: Wells Fargo Bank, Oakland International Airport, Bank of America, University of California Berkeley, d101 Games, Chaosium, Inc., Eden Studios, White Wolf Game Studio, KB Williams Marketing, the Shattuck Group, Pegasus Wireless, Taproot Foundation, and others.
E-Agency, Inc., Oakland, CA
Account Manager/Copywriter 2007-2010
- Oversaw marketing and branding initiatives, coordinated routine website updates, and communications initiatives for clients such as Oakland International Airport, Berkeley Convention & Visitors' Bureau, Scott's Restaurants, and others.
- Edited and wrote numerous white papers, HR materials, web copy, and printed documents for e-agency and our clients.
- Created a plan for E-Agency's Social Media strategy for Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc. Developed that strategy into a package to sell to clients.
- Managed production of new websites from inception to launch.
- Tripled our results with Google Adwords while only doubling the budget.
NF Communications, Walnut Creek, CA
Publications Manager 2005-2006
Invitations Editor 2004-2005
Documents Editor 2002-2004
- Created and maintained company style guide, and updated all publications for consistency. The new, easier to follow style resulted in a noticeable drop in customer service issues.
- Wrote and edited marketing materials, advertisements, and internal procedures and HR material.
- Oversaw the production and publication of numerous financial services books, booklets and newsletters.
- Coordinated with Compliance Officer to assure that all NF Communications publications complied with the legal guidelines of the National Association of Securities Dealers.
- Streamlined processes to allow for consistent quality of publications.
Kids123 Education, Danville, CA
Production Manager 2001
Editor: Arts & Humanities 2000-2001
- Concurrently managed three content and design teams, creating and publishing educational “theme” modules such as “Medieval Times,” “Halloween,” and “The Rainforest”.
- Managed a team of educators and artists to create content for the site which simultaneously offered engaging, entertaining, and educational content, while adhering to state and national educational standards.
- Personally oversaw the production of all Arts & Humanities content for K-6 educational website.
Berkeley Game Distributors, Berkeley, CA
Assistant Director of Publications/Marketing Coordinator 1994-1996
- Published monthly sales catalog as well as weekly and daily updates.
- Conceptualized frequent sales themes, such as “Star Wars Month” to move backlist items.
- Managed cooperative advertising program between publishers and retail stores.
Certification in Technical Writing
- UC Berkeley Extension, Berkeley, CA
BA Cinema, Writing & Directing
- San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
Internship – Feature Editorial Department
- Industrial Light and Magic, San Rafael, CA